From Dennis Prager:
“World opinion” has little or nothing to say about the world’s greatest evils and regularly condemns those who fight evil.
The history of “world opinion” regarding the greatest mass murders and cruelties on the planet is one of relentless apathy.
Ask the 1.5 million Armenians massacred by the Ottoman Turks;
* or the 6 million Ukrainians slaughtered by Stalin;
* or the tens of millions of other Soviet citizens killed by Stalin’s Soviet Union;
* or the 6 million Jews murdered by the Nazis and their helpers throughout Europe;
* or the 60 million Chinese butchered by Mao;
* or the 2 million Cambodians murdered by Pol Pot;
* or the millions killed and enslaved in Sudan;
* or the Tutsis murdered in Rwanda’s genocide;
* or the millions starved to death and enslaved in North Korea;
* or the million Tibetans killed by the Chinese;
* or the million-plus Afghans put to death by Brezhnev’s Soviet Union.
Ask any of these poor souls, or the hundreds of millions of others slaughtered, tortured, raped and enslaved in the last 100 years, if “world opinion” did anything for them.