The Palestinians Have a State By Sidney Zion

The Palestinians Have a State By Sidney Zion

JewishPress.com | August 5, 2003

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=9208

{…}

There is and has been a Palestinian nation since May 14, 1946 – only two years to the day before there was an Israeli nation.

Originally called the Kingdom of Transjordan, that nation is now the Kingdom of Jordan. It lives on the East Bank of the Jordan River and comprises 80 percent of the historic, political, geographic, and demographic landmass of Palestine. It has a population of three million people, virtually all of whom were either born there or arrived there from the other 20 percent of Palestine – Israel plus the ‘occupied territories’ known as the ‘West Bank.’

Palestine, then, includes both sides of the Jordan River, bounded on the west by the Mediterranean, on the east by Saudi Arabia and Iraq, on the south of Egypt, on the north by Syria and Lebanon.

These boundaries were universally acknowledged from the end of World War I until 1946, when Great Britain created by fiat the independent Kingdom of Transjordan – thus lopping off four-fifths of Palestine and handing it to the Arabs, in direct violation of the mandate over the territory granted to Great Britain by the

League of Nations.

{…}

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *