Ah, there ya go – here’s the “change that we all craved”. From the Denver Post via WND:
In a bid to get more Muslim Americans working in the Obama administration, a book with resumes of 45 of the nation’s most qualified — Ivy League grads, Fortune 500 executives and public servants, all carefully vetted — has been submitted to the White House.
The effort, driven by community leaders and others, including U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn. [and a Muslim], was bumped up two weeks because White House officials heard about the venture, said J. Saleh Williams, program coordinator for the Congressional Muslim Staffers Association, who sifted through more than 300 names.
“It was mostly under the radar,” Williams said. “We thought it would put (the president) in a precarious position. We didn’t know how closely he wanted to appear to be working with the Muslim American community.”
- Muslim who called for engagement with Muslim Brotherhood to advise White House
- The Emergence of Obama’s Muslim Roots
- US govt sending hundreds of millions to Gaza
- Our Public Servants At Work
- Obama Job Approval Dips Below 60% For First Time
- U.S. Officials Confirm Israel Struck in Sudan
- Al-Qaeda Declares War on Obama and Calls Him a “House Negro”
- Leading Saudi newspaper backs Obama because he’s black and Muslim
Originally published: https://web.archive.org/web/20101130002324/http://smoothstoneblog.com/2009/03/obama-gets-list-of-top-muslim-americans.htm