More than eight months after Barack Obama was elected president, the mystery surrounding his precise birthplace is deepening as the myth-busting website Snopes.com – along with several news agencies and an Obama community blog – directly contradict the president’s own claim regarding the hospital in which he was born.
In an official letter signed by Obama on White House stationery, the president celebrates his birth at the Kapi’olani Medical Center for Women and Children in Honolulu, Hawaii. The facility has posted that letter on its website, along with video of the letter being read in public.
But according to Snopes, the popular online hoax-buster that many rely on as the final word on both important and frivolous stories, Obama was born at a different hospital in the Hawaiian capital.
In Snopes’ entry concerning allegations that Obama is a “radical Muslim,” the site addresses the birth history of the commander in chief, stating, “Barack Hussein Obama was born on 4 August 1961 at the Queen’s Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii.”
WND took a screen shot of the entry and highlighted the name of the hospital.
- Obama’s birth certificate sealed by Hawaii governor
- Obama, Reveal Your Birth Certificate and Citizenship Status NOW
- Obama’s own Cabinet member: He’s an immigrant
- Supreme Court refuses to review Obama’s eligibility to serve
- Barack Hussein Obama: US “one of the largest Muslim countries in the world”
- Toot is out of the hospital
- Genital mutilation of men and women occurring in Kenya
- Barack Hussein Obama and the Pledge of Allegiance
Originally published: https://web.archive.org/web/20090715193843/http://smoothstoneblog.com/2009/07/obama-birth-mystery-more-than-1-hospital-and-news-articles-say-he-was-not-born-in-location-he-claims.htm