Fearing a harsh military response if it attacks Israel directly, Hizbullah has paid Palestinian terrorist cells to avenge the February assassination of its military commander, Imad Mughniyeh.
Israeli officials said Hizbullah has paid tens of thousands of dollars to Palestinian terrorist groups to carry out large-scale attacks against Israel – including the kidnapping of IDF soldiers.
In addition, the head of the research division of Military Intelligence, Yossi Baidatz, told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee Monday that Hizbullah was attempting to purchase surface-to-air missiles in order to try to bring down Israeli airplanes flying over Lebanon.
- Army Uniforms Concealed in Humanitarian Aid to Gaza
- Israeli General Warns Hizbullah
- Al-Qaeda Extremists Planning Mass-Casualty Attacks in Britain
- Israel is facing threats on four fronts
- What was the Maalot High School Massacre?
- Hizballah thug falls to his death at rocket pad on Israeli border
- European plan to take leading role in Mideast worries Israel
- Did Israel Use “Disproportionate Force” in Gaza?