From NY Times via Daily Alert:
- On Feb. 5, after more than six months of investigations, the Bulgarian government announced that it believed Hizbullah was responsible for the attack last July that killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver and injured dozens more in the resort town of Burgas.
- This report is significant because a European Union member state, Bulgaria, explicitly pointed a finger at Hizbullah and lifted the veil on the group’s continued terrorist activities. Europe can no longer ignore the threat that this group poses to the Continent and to the world.
- Hizbullah first gained notoriety in 1983 after bombing the U.S. Embassy in Beirut – an attack that killed 63 people. Shortly thereafter, Hizbullah bombed the American and French Marine Barracks in Beirut, killing 241 Americans and 58 French service members.
- European governments must respond swiftly. They must disrupt its operational networks, stop flows of financial assistance to the group, crack down on Hizbullah-linked criminal enterprises and condemn the organization’s leaders for their continued pursuit of terrorism.
- The U.S. applauds those countries that have long recognized Hizbullah’s nefarious nature. Europe must now act collectively and respond resolutely to this attack by adding Hizbullah to the EU’s terrorist list.
It’s very easy to deconstruct the mythology of “peaceful” Islam. All one has to do is read the news. Via Jpost:
The hidden Hizbullah arms cache in southern Lebanon that exploded in July contained chemical weapons, and three Hizbullah terrorists died as a result of the toxins, in addition to eight other terrorists killed by the blast, the Kuwaiti newspaper Alseyassah Kuwait said on Thursday.
The paper reported that Iran recently sent Hizbullah new types of chemical weapons and protective equipment, as well as thousands of gas masks, via Syrian airports.
Hezbullah activity in Egypt is/was performed with the full knowledge of Iran. Via MESI:
The publication of Hizbullah’s subversive plan against Egypt and the exposure of a Shiite group headed by a Hizbullah activist that planned to act against Egyptian targets diverted attention from the challenge that Hizbullah has made against the very foundations of Lebanese authority. On April 3, 2009, Hizbullah published its political platform in advance of elections to the Lebanese parliament scheduled for June 7, 2009. The document calls for the abolition of sectarian politics and for the enactment of a new election law that would alter the equation of sectarian forces in Lebanon. In this manner, Hizbullah seeks to destroy the foundations of the sectarian regime in Lebanon agreed upon in the National Pact of 1943 that has been preserved by the Lebanese state ever since. The abolition of the existing political system will advance Hizbullah toward its fundamental goal: the establishment of an Islamic state and a complete Iranian takeover of Lebanon. The scholarly analyses that define Hizbullah as a Lebanese national movement are baseless. What Lebanese national interests are served by subversive activity in Egypt? What Lebanese interests seek the transfer of Iranian arms from Sudan and Sinai to Gaza? What national Lebanese ideology seeks to subvert the delicate sectarian structure upon which the modern Lebanese state is predicated?
Israel will use “disproportionate force” if Hizbullah or Syria attack Israel, Maj.-Gen. Gadi Eizenkot told Yediot Ahronot in comments published Friday.
“What happened in the Dahiya quarter in Beirut [Hizbullah’s operational and residential center] in 2006 will happen in every village from which Israel is fired upon. We will apply disproportionate force upon it and cause great damage and destruction there,” he said. “From our standpoint, these are not civilian villages, they are military bases.” Eizenkot stressed that this is “not a recommendation,” but a plan approved at the highest levels.
Eizenkot said “dozens of rockets” are concealed in homes in Shiite villages throughout southern Lebanon. He said Hizbullah has sent fighters to Iran for training, and Iranian military trainers have been spotted in Lebanon.
The rhetoric, falsification of history and mendacity continue to eke out of Nasrallah, the puke funnel for Islamism and all things anti-Israel. From JPost:
“Palestine, from the (Mediterranean) sea to the (Jordan) river, is the property of Arabs and Palestinians and no one has the right to give up even a single grain of earth or one stone, because every grain of the land is holy. The entire land must be returned to its rightful owners,” Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah said Friday in honor of Al-Quds (Jerusalem) Day.
He said Israel and the “Jewish lobby” ruled the world and influenced the U.S. and its allies, and that jihad was the only way for Muslims to achieve results.
“Our lands will be liberated, not by begging the U.S. or the West, but with will, determination, resistance and sacrifices,” Nasrallah said.